Packing tape is one of the most commonly used materials in our packaging, but not many people know about it.
Alias strapping. Packing tape (strapping tape) for packaging is made of polyethylene and polypropylene resin as the main raw material, and some nylon and polyester are used as raw materials, which are obtained by extrusion and unidirectional stretching. In addition to being used for sealing and bundling of corrugated boxes, it can also be used for bundling materials, fruits, etc.
Packing belts are divided into PP packing belts (also known as polypropylene packing belts) and PET packing belts (also known as plastic steel packing belts), which are produced using polypropylene and PET polyester as raw materials, respectively, and are suitable for the packing needs of objects with different weights.
PP packing belts and PET packing belts are widely used plastic environmental protection packing belts. PP packing belts have been produced in China for more than 30 years, and PET packing belts have been produced in China for more than 20 years.
(1) PP packing belt:
1. Explanation of terms: PP scientific name is polypropylene. It is a kind of lightweight environmental protection packing belt produced from polypropylene. It is used in automatic packing machines, semi-automatic packing machines, manual packing machines, etc. It is suitable for packing several kilograms to hundreds of Pack lighter objects in kilogram cartons or pallets.
2. Raw materials: The main raw material of PP packing belt is polypropylene wire drawing grade resin, which is colorless and transparent solid particles with a specific gravity of 0.93.
3. Features: Good plasticity, bending resistance, strong breaking force, light material, bright color, easy to use.
(1) According to the surface color of the packing belt:
Colorless transparent PP packing tape.
Translucent PP packing tape.
Opaque PP packing tape.
PP straps in various colors.
(2) According to the proportion of polypropylene used in the production of packing belts:
New pure material PP packing belt, light material, bright color.
New and old mixed pure material PP packing belt, light material, darker color.
Recycled sandwich PP packing belt, heavy material, dull color.
(3) According to the packaging tools used:
Fully automatic PP packing belts have strict requirements on width and thickness tolerances and small deflection.
Semi-automatic PP packing belts have lower requirements on width, thickness tolerance and deflection.
PP packing belts for manual packing machines have general requirements for width, thickness tolerance and deflection.
The plastic buckle is matched with a thin PP packing belt.
The steel wire buckle is matched with PP flexible fiber belt.
(4) Divided by use:
PP ordinary packing belts are used for binding cartons.
PP smooth tape for binding tobacco.
Transparent PP banknote straps for binding RMB.
PP chemical fiber tape is used for binding chemical fiber bags.
PP anti-static tape for binding electronic products.
PP heavy-duty straps for binding heavy objects.
PP flame retardant packing belt for braided coal mine grille.
And other special-purpose PP packing belts for different industries.
White, red, yellow, green, blue, black, colorless and transparent, etc.
Used for packing cartons or other relatively light objects.
7. Production process:
Production process of PP packing belt: Ingredients and mixing—plastic granules heating and melting—extruding into water to form a belt embryo—heating and stretching—embossing—heating and cooling (setting treatment)—winding—packing— — storage.
Paper coupons, cartons, plastic film (bags), etc. should be used for packaging, and the packaging should be firm.
Packing belts should be lightly loaded and unloaded during transportation to prevent the sun and rainforest.
The packing tape should be stored in a ventilated, cool and dry warehouse, away from the heat source for more than 2 meters, and the storage period is one and a half years.
(2) PET packing belt
1. Explanation of terms: PET packing belt, also known as PET plastic steel packing (plastic steel packing belt), is a polyester packing belt formed by extrusion and unidirectional stretching of PET as the main raw material. PET packing belt is currently the most popular alternative steel in the world. Belt, steel wire, and heavy-duty PP packing belt are new environmentally friendly packaging materials. Since 2002, China’s demand for PET strapping has grown at a rate of 500% per year, and it has been widely used in wood, paper, steel, aluminum ingots, steel pipes, profiles, glass, building materials, ceramics, electrical appliances, metal products, Tobacco, chemical fiber, cotton belt and other industries. The appearance is transparent, and it becomes opaque after adding the tackifier, and the surface is flat or has prismatic patterns.
2. Raw materials: The main raw material of PET packing belt is polyethylene terephthalate (PET for short in English), with a specific gravity of 1.34.
(1) Strong tensile strength, not only has the tensile strength of a steel belt, but also has the ductility of impact resistance, which can ensure the safety of product transportation.
(2) The elongation is small, and the elongation is only one-sixth of that of the polypropylene tape, which can maintain the tension for a long time.
(3) Strong temperature resistance, melting point is 260 degrees, no deformation when used below 120 degrees.
(4) Good safety, no steel belt rusting and pollution of the bundled objects, and the color is bright and bright.
(5) Good economic benefits. The length of 1 ton of PET packing belt is equivalent to 6 tons of steel belt, and the unit price per meter is more than 40% lower than that of steel belt, which can reduce costs for users.
(1) According to the surface state of the packing belt
Embossed PET strapping.
Flat PET packing tape.
(2) According to the surface color of the packing belt
Colorless transparent PET packing tape.
PET packing belts in various colors such as green and black.
(3) According to the tensile strength of the packing belt
Class H (that is, more than 441N per square millimeter) PET packing belt.
M grade (that is, more than 408N per square millimeter) PET strapping.
L grade (that is, more than 343N per square millimeter) PET packing belt.
(4) Classified according to the strength of the strap lap (buckle-free hot melt)
Lap strength ≥ 70% PET strapping (without additives).
Lap strength ≥ 90% PET strapping (with additives).
(5) According to the packaging tools used
Fully automatic with PET strapping.
Buckle-free packing belts for electric and pneumatic portable balers.
Buckle straps for manual balers.
Various colors of transparent or opaque packing belts can be produced according to user needs.
It is used instead of steel straps to bundle objects that are heavier (hundreds of kilograms to several tons).
7. Production process
The production process of PET strapping: ingredients mixing—raw material drying—heating and melting—extruding into water to form a belt embryo—heating and stretching forming—heating and cooling (setting treatment)—winding—packing—into library.
PET packing tape is packed with paper coupons, cartons, plastic film (bags) and other materials.
PET strapping should be lightly loaded and unloaded during transportation, and should not be thrown to prevent mechanical damage.
PET strapping should be stored in a dry place that is not exposed to the sun, more than 2 meters away from the heat source, and the storage period is two years from the production date.